Does Coach Jack Take Account Of Races When Planning?

Hi,

I was wondering if Coach Jack takes account of races when creating a training plan?

For instance, I have several audaxes planned for the coming year, building up from 200km in a week’s time to a 1200km ride near the end of June. Will Coach Jack be able to factor these in to any training it generates?

Thanks.

Hi, great question. To be honest, I would say the default recommendation is not granually perfect to optimize your training volume.

Maybe you know what is best for you but my guess is you should be doing ideally close to 600k/week by the end to optimize that 1200km race.

Coach Jack is based on hours not distance, so I would say he will give you a very good hourly optimization to get from 6 hours a week to 15 hours a week which is something similar to what you should be doing but many people can’t handle 15 hours a week for one reason or the other so really you just need to build up to what you can. Also building from 6 to 15 hours in 20 weeks is fairly intense (6.5 ramp rate). You must optimize your life to limit other stress, and get as much recovery as possible (sleep).

I am not sure if you paid and tried it but if you pay from our site (not in the app) and it does not do what you want then you can have your money back no problem.

If you have 15 hours a week to train to hit your peak, and feel you are able to ride (sleeping 8+ hours a night for example) that much without falling apart, at a peak about a month before your race.

Below is something similar to what I would do in Coach Jack.