Finishing training plan. What next after Coach Jack Big Climbs?

Looking for some advice…

Finishing up Coach Jack Big Climbs in a couple weeks.

No events planned but i have made improvements and looking to keep that going.

What next?

1 Like

Hi, do you have any plans for next season? Usually this is the perfect time of season to focus on seasonal recovery and aerobic development but this won’t feel like you are moving forward and unlikely to make your FTP go up.

If you like riding outside in the spring, and you start doing hard focused efforts now then you will be more likely to be burned out by spring. If you are a person that is nervous about inconsistency then that changes the rules :slight_smile: Meaning doing what is fun through the winter is probably more important than doing things perfect from a seasonal perspective. So in this case fun might be doing harder efforts. Big climbs is an end of season peak block.

Generally for a “perfect” perspective. I would do 2 months of HR zone 2 right now and then start a coach jack plan with a 4-6 month event date goal ending with another peak period like big climbs again. Once you find something that works for you, you really can keep doing the same seasonal plan over and over again and keep seeing improvements.

All the advice I am giving is very traditional old school training perspectives, but recent changes in most experts views are coming back to these old standards.

1 Like

Thank you Alex,

That does give me food for thought.
While i may want to keep pushing it is probably more strategic to look long range, do the two months of zone 2 (power or hr) and then build again from there.

2 Likes