General Discussions

Oh man, breaking anything is no fun, sorry for your trip back to “jail” i.e. indoor training :slight_smile: Good luck I hope you can figure out how to find some enjoyment with it.

I am going to keep posting updates as my mighty 9-year olds start killing it. I spent my morning digging a new “roll-in” so that we can try to increase the speed and size of the dirt jump in the yard.

2 Likes

Hi All,

I’m new and trying to figure out how to use this. I subscribed, created a workout plan and I can see the plan in my calendar on Trainer Day - My calendar but when I use the Android app , under the tab ‘Today’ it says ‘No Active Plan’ and I see no way to start using my workout plan.

Question #2: I did a workout last Friday, 10/20, saved it, and it appears on Strava, but it is missing from the ‘ACTIVITIES’ tab. The ACTIVITIES tab shows Thu, 10/19 then Sun 10/22 which I think is actually today’s workout, Mon 10/23, which is missing. Are all the dates off by one?

Thanks!

We need to turn this on by default if you send a plan to you calendar

Pressing refresh at the bottom of that tab should fix it.

Can you send me a link to your strava workout? Sounds strange.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the tip about sending my plan to the Mobile App,

Here is my Activities tab in the mobile app. The ‘1h Endurance’ workout was done today, the ‘FTP Builder’ was done last Friday, the ‘10 - Foundation’ (which appeared to be exactly the same workout!) was done last Thursday, etc.

Tracy
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the tip about sending my plan to the Mobile App,

Here is my Activities tab in the mobile app. The ‘1h Endurance’ workout was done today, the ‘FTP Builder’ was done last Friday, the ‘10 - Foundation’ (which appeared to be exactly the same workout!) was done last Thursday, etc.

Tracy

Screenshot_20231023-093002.png

Screenshot_20231023-093002.png

Hi Alex, I’m a Computer Science student and for my last year project I’m building a fitness app. I wanted to use the “Broadcast Heart Rate” feature of my Garmin Watch to use the heart rate data on run and cycling tracking. Could you point me to any resource that could help me implement that feature ? I use it a lot on TrainerDay and it works great. Thank you in advance for any pointers. Have a great day.

Hi sure we can help you. No problem. This is actually just standard bluetooth heart rate function, so any bluetooth heart rate cod will allow you to do this. I am sure ChatGPT knows how to do this :slight_smile: Don’t hesitate to ask as many questions as you need though.

1 Like

Hi there! I’m new, I just downloaded the app. But I’m not just new to the app, I’m new to using my smart trainer. I assume the app walks me through how to connect to it? And then once I connect, what gear am I supposed to be in to do the workouts? Somewhere in the middle? The trainer (Saris H3) will adjust the resistance for me, right, depending on the workout?

Can’t wait to try my first workout tonight!

Walks you through is kind of an exaggeration. But yes you can select any workout for your H3 and you will see it asks to connect your devices. Good luck, don’t hesitate to ask any questions. Ultimately need to determine your FTP. If you are already a pretty serious cyclist you might want to set it to 200 to start with, otherwise the default 100 should be fine. Then your first workout should be the ramp test which will determine your FTP. You just pedal until you can’t. It’s only super hard for about 2 minutes.

1 Like

I"m pretty sure the information is out there but I’m just unable to find it:
I have a subscription and Jack’s plan. Whenever I want to load in my ride, I can swipe through the possibilities, from plan, recommended, etc.

In the right bottom corner, a percentage is shown and the percentage varies per ride I can choose. What is the definition of this percentage? How is it calculated?

Great product btw!

Hi :slight_smile:
To be clear, only the first workout on the TODAY tab is from your plan, you can also see more of your plan workouts on the workouts/plan tab. Those other options from TODAY are just alternative workouts that might be fun/interesting/harder/easier but should mostly be reasonable. That % symbol is slightly confusing. We probably should remove it but you can keep pressing refresh and get different workout choices and it gets harder and harder about 5 times and then starts back at an easier level, it’s slighly random choices and this % shows how much harder than your your target. This % increase will not happen to this first workout from your actual plan. This TODAY tab is new and still needs some fine tuning to improve it a little more but we also like it. Super glad you are happy.

1 Like

Hi Alex

Thank you for your quick reply. It makes more sense now. The fact that a percentage >0 is green didn’t really make me think it was related to intensity, but rather to the odds of me getting better - if that makes sense.

But my follow up question now is: why does the percentage of mij “From plan” work out often show a percentage of -13,7% for instance. Isn’t it bizar that the plan (so no refresh done) offers me workouts that are a lot less weaker than my actual plan? Or am I misunderstanding something.

The percent is related to the intensity compared to your 2 most intense sessions in the last 7 days (I am not 100% sure on this but something like this.) So the plan workout is less intense than some of what you did last week. Again this % is confusing and really was more for our testing as it does not really matter but we left it so you could get an idea if you were at the easier suggestion or harder suggestion for the refresh button. Intensity is a very rough metric. Sure 1.0 IF is much harder than .5 IF but .8 vs .9 is not necessarily easier.

1 Like

Hi, signed up again yesterday and created a plan. I ride on rollers (old skool) with a power meter in the attic. Wifi is not stable there. Is it possible to do a workout without wifi?

Should not be any problem without wifi. I do it all the time.

1 Like

If you start a workout from your plan on the TODAY tab it doesn’t seem to get registered as completed, at least not on Android. The next suggested workout is sort of random from the plan. Starting a workout from the workouts/plan tab does mark it as completed, as the next workout matches the expected workout from the plan.

I don’t know how the workout tracking works if you follow a plan without calendar/fixed days. The only clue I have atm is the name of the saved activity afterwards. If you start a workout from your plan on the TODAY tab, the pre-filled activity name on save is just the workout name. Did you start the workout from workouts/plan the pref-filled activity name on save is ‘Day X - workout name’.

After completing a workout the option to check the planned workout as completed is always ticked. Also tried marking workouts as completed/skipped, but that isn’t helping.

For example, the 4th workout of my plan is saved as ‘Day 4 - Lagoon’ (guess I started it from workouts/plan). The 14th workout is saved as ‘Day 14 - It Never Ends’ (started from workouts/plan deliberately), the 15th workout from the plan was started from TODAY and got saved as ‘Lagoon’. So the expected workout to be next is number 16. The workouts/plan says the current workout is day 5… the workout after a ‘Lagoon’ (day 15) but somehow it found the ‘Day 4 - Lagoon’. Of course the TODAY tab also shows workout 5 instead of workout 16.

EDIT: Did start the last few workouts from the workouts/plan tab and the app gets confused about the next workout as well unfortunately. Can the issue be related to having the same workout multiple times in a plan? As it seems to be ‘resetting’ the progress to the first occurrence of a particular workout.

We will review and get this fixed asap. Thanks for the clear explanation of the problem

Hey all, just signed up, excited to start using TrainerDay to plan my indoor cycling season! I do have a question, I linked my Strava Account, and it pulled in completed activities to my calendar and activity list. Is there a limit to how many activities in syncs from Strava? Or is it done by year, months? Ty! Great app!!

Thanks!!! I think we pull like the last 100 days or something, so yes there is a limit just not exactly sure what it is.

Perfect, I actually see it’s showing all of 2023 … Great as I will be starting fresh on the New Year :+1: