General Discussions

Oh cool :slight_smile: Thanks now I know it is more than 90 days :slight_smile:

I am ending up with duplicated activities - since I am running them in Trainerday and recording them also with a Garmin for some extra data analysis.
Trainerday then pulls the activity via Strava and it shows up twice in the activity list.
If the duplication does not confuse any Trainerday algorithms (it might assume my training volume is twice as big?) it is not a big problem.
I any case I could not find a way to delete a Strava imported activity.

Yes there is another topic on this in the forum. We will be improving this soon. Both allowing delete and not importing over lapping activities from strava.

3 Likes

Hi

I think this is the right area to ask.

Iā€™ve bought the kickr snap (2nd hand but I think itā€™s working as it should) and I am trying the trainerday free workouts to figure out what I am supposed to do.

I donā€™t have anything else connected except my bicycle with a training tyre onto the flywheel

However the figuring out isnā€™t going so well.

Iā€™ve tried the free ā€œ30 min early & variedā€ and the free ā€œultimare 30 minute race warmupā€.

On both, the watts hang aroud 50 w or less with a few spikes here and there

My question is, pedalling at 50w or less, I am barely moving my legs, I think if I were on the road Iā€™d fall over, and I am barely increasing my breath.

I havenā€™t done exercise in years due to a back injury

Should it be slow leg movement (cadence?!) , should I be using different gears?

TIA

Hi Brandon, you must set your FTP first and you do that by taking the Ramp Test in the app (free version is fine). That said, if you are just starting to get back into it then you should not be breathing hard and most people wonā€™t breath very hard on early and varied as that is a low intensity workout in general.

With the snap you also have to use the wahoo app to do a spin down each time you mount the bike to the trainer and more often is suggested.

Hope that helps, donā€™t hesitate to ask questions.

Hi Alex

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I did see a previous post where it was mentioned that setting an FTP isnā€™t required if you are just trying to get used to pedalling.

However I will look for a post on how to setup and complete the FTP

Thanks for the advice on the snap, and yes I have been using the spin down feature however I am only using my bike indoors and so Iā€™ve only completed that setting once

Just to understand, once the FTP is done, will the workouts change and not sit at 50w or is 50w a normal low intensity workout?

It just feels like I am barely moving my legs to keep at 50w and i might as well go for a brisk walk.

Your current FTP is set to 100w. If you take an FTP test and find out it is 150w, then your current target would go from 50w to 75w. In early but varied a brisk walk is close to what it should feel like, that is a low intensity workout so you might find your FTP is not so far off from 100w.

Thanks for the FTP note

and another question please;

do the free workouts change the slope during the ride or is that in the paid for version?

Lastly is there a beginners guide that I failed to find that explains these starter questions?

Cheers

Automatic slope mode is not a beginner question. :slight_smile: Itā€™s best just to ask here. We donā€™t have a great beginner guide. I should probably create a good beginner youtube video. Beginners tend to just use ERG mode as that is simplest and most popular.

You can click on slope while you are pedalling and just press + - in free version. People using automatic slope mode are designing their own workouts. Itā€™s easy but you kind of need to know what you are doing.

Here is a deep dive into the mobile app but this is not beginner but might help

1 Like