Help with Coach Jack's Custom Plans

Hi. I’m new to TrainerDay having recently left TrainerRoad. I am wanting a plan which will take me to next Spring/Summer. The issue I have is I like to do an unstructured outdoor ride at the weekend, usually Z2/Z3 with surges and climbs etc. It might be a group ride or maybe a gravel ride. I can see some of the plans do include an outdoor ride at the weekend, but the base plans do not seem to have this? For information, I can train between 4-8 hours a week, over 4 days. Thanks :slight_smile:

Oh interesting, yes let us do a small enhancement and that will make this possible. Hopefully it can be done tomorrow or the next day. I will update this post when it is ready.

2 Likes

Ok this is fixed now. This was actually a design bug that my developer did not clearly understand what I wanted. Now you can create a custom plan with a few Z2 days and a long oudoor. See below. Hope that gives you what you need. Thanks for mentioning this. Let me know if you need more.

That’s great, thank you! I love my weekend unstructured ride, especially on the gravel bike.

I wonder if you can help a bit with my plan selection. I’m a non-racer, and just enjoy my fast summer rides, and I ride in a fast group. For the rest of this year however I want to take it easy and just do some base training. I have a 2 week vacation over Christmas too realistically I only have around 10 weeks before then. I’m thinking of doing either a base or base+ plan until Christmas, then start a 16 week Serious Italian plan to take me through Spring. I have 4-8 hours a week to train. Would you recommend the standard Base plan (as Coach Jack does) with me subbing one weekend ride for my usual unstructured fun ride?

That is a perfect plan. Since your weekend rides likely have a fair amount of intensity, I suggest pure base (and the long ride)

The goal is to do what you can to hold on to your aerobic fitness and rest before your build period. Unless you really want lots of z2 during the week and you might gain some aerobic capacity. if you are a fairly consistent cyclist, over Xmas you might want to ease off the bike even more and do some strength training or cross training.

1 Like