I have a (bad?) idea for next Fall/Winter

What I would like to do during next fall/winter is 16 weeks of training, divided into 4 blocks of 4 weeks each and each block.

Four weeks of The Serious Italian
Four weeks of Crunche Power
Four weeks of Fitness Cyclist
Four weeks of Progessive Sweet Spot

Is this idea as stupid as it sounds?

I simply chose the first 4 “Block type” but I’am open to other blocks and ideas.

Generally I would say it’s a bad idea :slight_smile: But in reality, I think part of being a good idea is what is fun for you. I also know that we are working on a new product with a hybrid coach and app and I am working with a 30-year Coach that thinks like Andrea and I that will be part of TrainerDay. His name is Coach Robert. He actually creates short blocks more like this with 4 weeks on and a week of recovery, and switching up the program. So even though I don’t think it makes much sense I would say there are ways to make stuff like this work.

So what you want to avoid is starting too much intensity in the winter and being burned out by spring and summer. But this all depends on what your goals are. Anything can work for anyone. Really as I say repeatedly is that everyone that is consistent all year long should do a base or base+, serious italian and then a peak plan that matches their needs but we especially like the stronger rider. So, you can follow the same plan every year and continute to see improvement if you manage your volume and the plan correctly.

1 Like