iOS app not changing from SLOPE to ERG mode in workout (FIXED)

Hey Alex…
Hope you’re well…

I/we are having issues with the iOS app not switching the Kickr trainer between ERG and SLOPE on my created workouts.

Thought it was me but I’ve checked and re-checked my workouts created and they’re correct to how I’ve always created them.
When switching from ERG to SLOPE it switches to SLOPE for a brief second then switches back into ERG mode.
It then randomly starts working 3/4 way through a session but whats supposed to be ERG switches to SLOPE… So the Kickr is switching, thats not a problem.

My wife is having the same issue with her (different) created workouts so its not a unique problem to me apparently. We’re both on iOS apps.

Is there something e should be doing that we aren’t due to an update? It worked perfectly up to the last couple of weeks.

This feature is super important for us as our coach sets structure mixed with max efforts in the same workout.

I can share with you the workout somehow if needed but not sure how…

We are both on version 3.7.3 connected to a Wahoo Kickr.

Would someone be able to help? I’ve a 1265mile ride I’m training for and need this feature working ideally as Im pretty close to the event… If possible… pretty please… :slight_smile:

Hi Jbrown. Please try updating to the latest version 3.7.6. We encountered some issues with ble in version 3.7.3 as after we updated the library. For some users, this version has resolved the issues that emerged. If this doesn’t help, please let us know whether the switch to visual mode is happening, and please text your workout

1 Like

I am on vacation but available to test this on Thursday. I have Kickr also but as Grigory said v 3.7.6 fixes a lot of bluetooth issues we had which seems to fix other problems.

1 Like

Thanks both… Im back on the trainer tomorrow so will try the updated app.
Will let you know…

James

Hey both…

Unfortunately using the updated app hasn’t changed anything.
It still blips to slope mode when asked then immediately goes back to ERG mode.
I can manually change it to Slopemodeo. The app interface either…

I can ping you over the workout?

James

So neither of these are working correctly.
I tried filling in the “type” of every row after the normal way of switching between didn’t work.

Not sure if I’m doing something wrong but I’ve used the same method for best part of a year and only recently had issues.

Hope that helps
James

Just tested this simple session and the app again switches to slope then immediately back to ERG…

Ok I am back from vacation. I have a Kickr and iOS so I will test this right now. Sure you can send me the workout if you want.

Nevermind. I just tried it. The problem is obvious. We will fix this ASAP. Sorry about this.

Hey Alex…

I can send you a workout but you might as easily just create what I’ve screen shot and give it a go.

Super keen to see if you have the same issue. I’ve a max effort interval session today so need a work around somehow…

Yes we have the same issue. We will fix this ASAP. Should be a day or two

HI Alex is this fixed now? Do I need to download an update?

Really need to be able to do this for next weeks training.

Thanks
James

We are waiting for a customer to confirm another bug fix and this should be released tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Cool. thanks Alex.

We good to go now Alex? Need to plan some sessions in… :slight_smile:

Yes it is available. I have not tested it yet. Hopefully it is fixed.

I’ll give it a go tonight… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems to be working ok now.
I’ll keep an eye on it and let you know if that changes…

Thanks Alex…

1 Like

Just wanted to give @Alex kudos for amazing customer support, this is one of the reasons, that makes me and others to stick to the platform. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks so much. We are growing quickly and one of the top priorities when we get a little bigger is to bring our current tester (he’s amazing) onboard full-time and this should reduce the chances of bugs like this appearing. Recently we had a few bugs that affected a handful of users including this one. This is stressful. :slight_smile: but we are getting closer and closer to getting it all resolved.