MTB training tips

Hi everyone, I’m a new user of this forum and of the TD application. I signed up for the premium subscription. I wanted some advice on how to best set up my training and be in shape towards the month of May/June where there are more competitions. important to me. I started about 2 weeks ago with basic training ++ and I’m feeling good. How do you recommend continuing with what type of training? I do Granfondos on mtb. Sorry if there are spelling errors but I am writing to you from Italy and I use the translator to write, thank you in advance…

Hi, I would do standard base, build period (which ever you like) but then focus your peak period on climbs and obviously get outside and do MTB riding with doing hard climbs once a week or more.

1 Like

ok thank you very much, I wanted to ask you something else, I realized that if I follow the training on the Garmin following the watts it gives me a precise data for example 200watts and does not give me a range like 190 to 220 for example so as to make it easier. follow on the road. Is this something intentional and therefore right, do I have problems with my Garmin?

but do you think including running sessions while remaining in zone 2\3 in the winter is a good thing or is it better to leave the running alone?

That might be a new bug, we just made some changes. Let me check. It should be sending a range to garmin.

I think winter is the ideal time to do other activities in addition to cycling. If you wanted to hop on the currently popular pure zone 2 approach then your running would be starting very slow (possibly run/walk in the first week or month), but if you are just for doing a standard base period you could do your best to keep your HR at a reasonable level most of the time but I still think it is very good.

Grazie

1 Like

I wanted to ask you one last thing, when do you recommend doing the ftp test?