New Version HERE FINALLY (1.6.11 on production Wed Dec 16th)

First use of ver. 1.6.11 on an android divice today. It looks like, ver. 1.6.11 is introducing a bug with the TrainerDay Timer:

The workout duration was supposed to be 130min but the workout was stetched to 173min. That is, by a factor of 1.33.
During the workout and thereafter the TrainerDay App looked consistent, but during the workout I realised that when I add the time remaining for the workout to the time showing on device clock, the end of the workout was shifting more and more backward. So obviously the TrainerDay App was stretching time! As it turns out by 1/3.

I had an independend logger running for this workout. The picture above showes the same workout uploaded to TP logged by the TD APP and the SRM head unit.

Alex

Looking forward to checkout out the new app. I got the update as well.

Unfortunately, my trainer’s circuit board shorted out so I will not be able to use power match for a while… Estimated 7 weeks delivery time to the warehouse :slightly_smiling_face:… Looks like it’s manual mode for me for the next 2 months

Oh no. That does not look good. Let us test that.

Can you email me both of your files so I can compare them? Our guys will also test. to
support at trainerday.com?

As mentioned in email it appears SRM is the longer file not TD. Also we tested and came out 100% accurate in all our tests. Number of seconds in the file versus number of seconds on UI, versus stop watch. Let me know if you can still feel TD is wrong.

Hi Alex,
your are right, the duration for the workout in the SRM log is much longer than on the TD log.

TrainerDay logs a duration of 2h10m for an *.erg workout with a length of 2h10m. During the workout and thereafter everething is consistend from a TD point of view.
BUT in ‘real time’, according to every other clock, the workout took 2h53m to complete. That is 43 minutes more!
When you look into both logfiles text you notice, the logs uses absolute Time ( UTC and local time) for the time stamps. Both logs start the workout at the 09:15UTC Timestamp but record the end at a complete different time, 11:25UTC for TD and 12:07UTC for the SRM head unit.

Problem here, when I looked at any other clock at the end of the workout, it showed 12:07UTC. So the trainerDay App seams to stretch time in a way that an houre in TrainerDay is about 1h20m in real time.

Did you put the app in the background during the ride?

I just did the same workout with the same setting once again today. Same outcome.
I used an independent clock to verify the time for the end of the workout is shifting by adding the time remaining for the workout as shown on TD to the present time on the independent clock.

After the first 60minutes of the workout the workout end time was shifting by about 2 to 3 minutes backwards. But the rate of shift is increasing over time. After 2h45m of workout the last 5 minutes of cooldown on TrainerDay took 11 minutes with the independent clock! By the end of the workout the workout end time had shifted by 43 minutes backward.

BTW, you might even notice on the two graphes you posted: the 5 minute warmup at the beginning is about the same length on both, the 5 minute cooldown in the end differs a lot.

Oh wow. This is interesting. Yes we mostly test short rides.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5 with android 10.

I see now even the start is off by about 15 seconds

I have a Galaxy Tab A with Android 10 :slight_smile: I think it might be something to do with your SRM (but still a problem with our app). I can test this with more devices. I just did HRM test and ours was 100% accurate

I will test with this Tab A also. The problem is on Android I don’t know how to install 1.6.11 of our app so I have 1.7.3. My primary developer on this is getting married this week so I can’t ask him to verify anything at this moment.

Let me give you an example from the todays workout.

When I reached the 5 minute cooldown phase at the end of my workout, after 2h41m I had this situation:
My independent clock showed 12:42, on TrainerDay the remaining workout time counter says 5 minutes remaining, so the end of the workout is supposed to be at 12:42 + 5m = 12:47.
At time 12:47 on my independent clock the time remaining counter on the TrainerDay App still shows 2 minutes 40seconds!
When the remaining time counter on the TrainerDay App reaches 0 my independent clock showed a time a of 12:53.
So, to count down 5 minutes in TD it took 11 minutes on my other clock!

Maybe you could take a closer look into this:
As the time shift rate increases over time, it might not even been noticed with workouts not much longer than 1 hour. Only today, when I was watching the time shift closely, I noticed a shift of about two minutes after an hour of workout.
On the other hand, after 2h30m of workout, 1 minute in TrainerDay is about 2 minutes in real time. It shoul be possible to reprodurce the fault by just starting a long *.erg workout ( 3h or longer). Let it run so that there are 10 minutes remaining for the workout. At that point, use an independent clock and see, how long it takes TD to complete these 10 last minutes.

P.S. it is not necessary to do a real workout. Just let the TD App run the *.erg file …

I got it but I am pretty sure this is related to your SRM (not the SRM’s fault, just only happens to this device). As I can see even in the beginning it is a few seconds off and when I do my tests for 10 minutes it is 100% correct to the second. I will do longer tests and do this with more devices. I will let you know. Thanks for the detailed information. We will fix this. If you want to give send me your email via email I can add you to our beta group if you want to use 1.7.3 and then we are testing the same versions.

You could try turning off power smoothing 3s in settings. It might be related.

Here is a screen recording of me just letting it run. You can see it is within 1-second after 2hours. And that 1 second is probably because I pressed the buttons slightly different. This is on my galaxy tab a connected to power meter. I recording the android screen on my computer and looked periodically over this time and it was always correct. I would say this is definitly a 1.6.11 bug or a problem with SRM and our app. I believe it is the second but I am using 1.7.3. I will send 1.7.3 to google to approve today.

I experineced the same time discrepancy for two workouts I have done with v1.6.11 so far.
Today I run the very same *.erg file without doing a real workout (but using the same Tablet), wait shortly before the *.erg file reaches the end to check, if the TrainerDay Clock is slowing down towards the end.
Result: no findings!!
On monday I will once again do this workout ( a real workout, this time) and take some screen shots to show the problem.

It is hard to think of any good reason for the behviour.

Did you record today without riding but connected to SRM PM?

It’s possible the SRM(pedals?) heat up with use and start producing BLE errors and it causes our app problems but other apps ignore them. We see many BLE errors from some devices.