No power in erg setting ( qubo digital smart trainer does not have FTMS)

I am using elite qubo digital smart trainer and I don’t get a power read out (says 0 avg watts at end) and no automatic adjustments in erg setting. The smart trainer is recognized and says it is connected.

Any suggestions? I have tried in other apps and the smart trainer itself is working fine.

Hello runlikeagirl, nice username :slight_smile: I am looking here it looks like your trainer supports Ant+ but not BLE and not BLE FTMS. We don’t support Ant+ yet but are working on it now so hopefully in the next 90 days. Sorry I don’t have better news. The only other option is to buy an Ant+ to FTMS converter called “CABLE” for around $50 (a bit more in Europe).

Thanks so much for clarifying! I knew it had ant+ and bluetooth smart transmission but didn’t realise it wasn’t compatible with BLE / BLE FTMS systems. Makes much more sense now.

I’ll keep an eye on the development of ant+ support! The app looks great otherwise!

Any update on the Ant+ development? I realise it hasn’t been 90 days yet but just checking :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, the problem is this is not in our technology knowledge. We had a volunteer helping create a library to connect our technology to the Ant+ library but he is not seeming to move forward any more. I am going to try to look for someone that can create us this library. Sorry I don’t have better news. I am really hoping it can be before this winter. It’s one of the biggest and most important things on our list to get done.

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I really appreciate it. I don’t do so much indoor cycling over the summer so will keep an eye out for this in the winter or invest in the CABLE converter as previously mentioned.

Hi Alex - Think I noticed a while back on the forum that this was now possible (or was at least in beta testing). Has this progressed or is the CABLE still necessary? Thanks :blush:

We have Ant+ for Android devices now but Cable is the only way on iOS. One iOS user decided to buy cheap Android to solve a different problem, but then decided it was too painful to learn and returned and bought a CABLE. :slight_smile:

Android user so that’s awesome! Will try to get it all set up in that case

1 Like

Watts / rpm displaying but something is very wrong as does not work in erg mode (or by pressing manual + button) and Watts display in region of >30000 (I’m truly not that strong haha). Rpm seem accurate though

Have uninstall previous cycling app so not connected elsewhere.

2 devices connected

1. Smart trainer 27096
    2.Speed and cadence (qd ec460) (virtual power curve: generic trainer)

Not sure why this isn’t working? Any suggestions (suspect user error :smiley:)

Interesting case of watts > 30000 :slight_smile:
What is the device you use (SmartTrainer 27096). Since you are using two devices, Watts from the virtual trainer are not used, if, of course, the SmartTrainer sends Watts. Could you try to disconnect the speed sensor and try again?

Elite qubo digital trainer is the device I am using. Have successfully paired with other apps in erg mode (none are installed / connected at the moment)

Have tried disconnecting speed / cadence sensor (just kept smart trainer) but no longer get RPMs or Watts.

Have tried with just speed/ cadence monitor (disconnected trainer) and RPMs are accurate, Watts are crazy :crazy_face: but erg mode still not working . It’s the same with both devices connected

which exact model of the elite qubo is it?
is it w/ the Smart B+ thing that converts speed to power (by elite) or does it actually have a built in power meter?

It’s the qubo digital smart B+ (s/n 27096)

Ah… in that case, misuro B+ is a speed to power converter direct from elite. It’s supposed to send power data (not sure about cadence) to the App.

If the app is reading >30000, then there’s a translation issue from the app likely.

I previously had this issue w/ my own Trainer App that I wrote, it ended up as an issue in the way I interpret the data.

This has to be fixed by TD app likely.
Wait for @alex to chime in.

1 Like

@Alex any suggestions here?

I am looking here and it says power only works with specific firmware and that you can contact them.

https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005339249-Protocols-used-on-Elite-trainers

Thanks Alex. Have contacted them and standard reply to check level mode back in Elite MyETraining app (which works fine). They’re unable to give any further advice / suggestions so back to the drawing board!

I’m 1 ride in on Trainer Day and having the issue of huge power numbers, it doesn’t look like there was a resolution from this thread.

For my setup I had calibrated the Qubo Power B+ trainer to my Garmin power pedals so it’s accurate, and worked with another app that starts with “Trainer” so if i can get it working accurately with TD, that would be awesome.

Any help is appreciated!

Most of the time when someone says this, they have double power turned on in our settings… Let me know if that fixes your problem.