Please add Ant+ support (COMPLETED)

I have used MaximumTrainer and gave some input during development. It was super good software for indoor training. Used it with a dumb trainer and Speed/Power conversion. Never understood why it wasn’t popular enough to survive…
There was a possibilty to display text at any point in time. Just had to add it in the erg file at the right timestamp. Nice to be able to motivate yourself during the hard moments. Just that little extra cheer-on to dig a little deeper.

Yes I used it too and Max there had integrated with us. We have our text prompt editor on the site and I have all intentions of adding them to the app this year, probably right after Ant+ and virtual power :slight_smile:

See below

1 Like

There is another APP(android) with Ant+ which works very well, super simple and relatively small in terms of installation, and which was also not very successful, strange.
ICW - Indoor Cycling Workout (Pierro X)

I am iOS user but even looking at ICW in the past I never thought it was particularly interesting maybe just what it looked like, not sure what turned me off. Somethings are just too cheap, you know they can’t keep investing and growing. Why do you use TD and not ICW? :slight_smile:

One good reason could be that you have a trainer or sensor ANT+ only…
For now offcourse, because once TrainerDay has ANT+, there’s nothing around that can beat it :crazy_face:

Sure, I understand why someone would use ICW, just not sure why they would use TD instead :slight_smile: I know a bunch of reasons but I would guess our website with workouts and plans makes the app a complete solution. Having to transfer ERG files is always a pain.

1 Like

For the same reason that I use Adidas and not Nike, or Use Colnago and not Pinarello etc etc :joy::joy:

1 Like

Any updates on this? :slight_smile:

We have a volunteer developer helping create a library for us but he is very part-time so going a bit slow but he just messaged me yesterday that he hopes to have speed and cadence working next week, hopefully once he has that it won’t take so long to get the rest. We will give him 2-4 weeks to get done and if not we will start helping him on the library. So yes in progress but probably still 45-60 days away.

2 Likes

Guess it didn’t pan out? Trainer season is coming, any chance it’ll be ready?

No the volunteer working on it got busy but now he says he started again. My fear is it won’t make it. Sorry

Like the Trainerday app. Great value offer…suits low-budget training e.g. older trainers not necessarily bluetooth enabled.
Tried using with BKool Classic trainer. Requires ANT+ because trainer is not Bluetooth enabled.
Any update on ANT+ support?.

Hi Ronan, you can use NPE Cable to convert Ant+ to BLE but I realize that partially defeats the purpose of low cost. It’s a very big development task and outside our technology knowledge. We have a volunteer that keeps saying he will do the hard part but not happening yet. So sadly not likely this winter.

Hi, I’m revisiting the ant+ react-native library I started a while ago (https://github.com/MaximumTrainer/react-native-ant-plus-manager) to support this. Feel free to contribute if you like so that it can be used by trainerday.

Thanks

Thanks Daniel. Yes if we have any developers out there willing to contribute it would be ideal. We will also put our time in this once it gets slightly working so we can better understand it.

We are looking at a secondary method of doing this that MaximumTrainer (Daniel) pointed us to that might make it easer / faster to implement.

Any updates on this?
I have just come over from Zwift and I find this to be a great and affordable training app. I use a mix of BLE and ANT+ devices but all my HR monitors are ANT+. Is this functionality still on the roadmap?

Great to have you Dale, It’s on the roadmap for sure, but sadly volunteers get busy and my app developer keeps playing around but I have not given him enough time to make it the top priority and just get it done. If one of his tests worked then I would tell him to move ahead and get it done. I keep missing all target dates regarding getting it done so I hate to give any more. I can say it won’t likely be before the summer. I like my new Wahoo Arm band monitor so I am suggesting everyone just buy one of those :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s still on the road map. It is literally the only thing that differs from some of the other apps for me. I would love to get a Bluetooth HR monitor but I already have 2 different ANT+ models which are no where near their end of life so it’s a bit of a waste changing to something else. I hope you manage to get this going soon. Cheers

2 Likes

I join this petition!

As many other cyclist/runners out there, I have a Garmin HRM, which is an Ant+ sensor (not Bluetooth), so yes, there’re some users who NEED this!

And I’ve a samsung mobile phone with Ant+, but even if your mobile phone have not an Ant+ radio, you can buy a cheap Ant+ USB stick for your mobile phone!

1 Like

For those of you who have an ANT+ compatible device such as a Samsung Galaxy device. I have found a work around using the Galaxy phone as a bridge converting the ANT+ signal into a Bluetooth one. I have tested it out and it works perfectly. Here is the android link below.