Please create desktop all mac/pc

Hi Alex, and Hi everyone,
I am the creator and maintainer of the Flux project on gihub. I started it as something to use along side Zwift, instead of the default workout mode. And one of my goals is to build an open-source app for indoor cycling and structured training that can exist entirely inside the browser. Technology wise that meant using the latest web technologies that are coming from the google chrome team, and implementing a lot of cycling protocols and standards from scratch specifically for the browser. I found that exciting and just kept going.

Most recently I’ve used the web-serial API, that came out of beta this February to build a POC around the possibility of using ANT+ to control a smart trainer from a browser, and currently I am in the process of building a proper library for ANT+ on the web. I got it running on Ubuntu linux and Mac, Windows is a tough nut to crack, but it might be possible.

On the other hand as mentioned bluetooth has been in the browser for some time but it was lacking libraries for cycling trainer control, so I had to build one. Thus my other goal is to build a set of open-source tools for open-source indoor cycling apps.

Flux and TrainerDay overlap each other, but also have chosen different technological paths with different limitations and possibilities.

Hello again Dimitar :slight_smile: nice to see you here. As I sent you a direct message in FB, but I could do that here as well. I think this is a cool solution. I did not hear about this possibility for Ant+ that is really interesting. Obviously the biggest need would be Windows but I think Windows BLE would be good for most but Windows Ant+ would really help a lot of people. I believe you it could be hard. Let me know how we can help.

1 Like

Hi to you all!!! Is there any chance we can see and use TD in desktop version??? Windows for example
Thanks!!

I will merge this with previous request for a Windows version and I will also answer. Right now you can install the iPad version on an M1 Mac. Not that that helps you…

Secondly it takes a lot of testers to support more versions of the app and we are small but growing very fast. I really want an older Mac and Windows version. I just have to wait as we can’t sacrifice quality and don’t want to increase the price to get it. Tell all your friends about us. If we keep growing this summer we hope to be able to do it for next winter.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your respond!! Keep up the good work

1 Like

Dear Alex,

Are you planning Trainer day application for windows system ?

Best Regards,
Piotr

1 Like

Hello Piotr, we have a feature request here with the response to that. Yes I really want to but…

Dear Alex,
Thank you for your response.

Best regards,
Piotr

1 Like

Hello! Is there any hope for a windows/pc app in the near future?

//ViktorJ

Hi Viktor, sorry, I wish I had better news but not this year/winter. When we get bigger we will do this for sure. We are growing quickly but still too small.

1 Like

As a workaround, I use the free open source utility “scrcpy” https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy to mirror my Android screen onto my computer. That way I can control my Android device via my pc.

Well, I use a virtual machine on PC :wink:
It needs only a compatible Bluetooth device to connect to trainer.

Plus it can run other apps too that do not have Windows native client.

For example, I have a Tacx Flux 2 and Wahoo Tickr HR monitor, both BT / ANT+ capable. As I do not have any USB stick with Bluetooth on my gaming PC, but I have a USB mini dongle with ANT+ that works with Windows, I am able to find and connect to my gear in the virtual machine trough this device :upside_down_face:

Wow this is cool. I never thought about this idea. Please let us know how it works. Maybe I need to create a tutorial how to set this up. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I ran andoid x86 in VirtualBox several years ago but I remember there was some setup. I wonder if the app will run in genymotion which looks to be more lightweight.

Hi,
I’m quite new in TrainerDay and might have missed it but is there already an implementation available or in work that allows using TrainerDay on a PC without the need of a mobile device?
BR LS

Hi, sorry no not yet. You can use our broadcast feature and see it on PC web browser but you still need to use your mobile device to connect. We are planning on having PC version next winter.

1 Like

Hi with the web broadcast feature am I right in thinking that it doesn’t have audio (beeps) for the intervals?

Hi, No audio beeps, I think one person asked for this in the past. Not sure when I can get it prioritized but seems like a good idea.

1 Like

Much to my surprise it does have audio beeps, I tried it today. :smiley:

Experience was really very good on my desktop, using my phone to drive the workout.

Only minor negative thing I noticed was a slight lag of about 1 second but this didn’t impact my workout. Granted I’m probably far away in Australia but Xert’s remote player has no noticable lag so I’m sure there’s room for improvement.

I used to use a laptop for cycle training apps but have settled on a Galaxy Active Tab (a few years old). Big enough for my ageing eyes and clumsy fingers and waterproofish to boot. It also has ANT+ (yeah!) and BTLE (meh!). It’s mounted just within arms reach, leaving my trainer free of encumbrances. Then I have a huge telly in front to watch films/training/YouTube while I cycle.

Works for me. :slight_smile:

Cheers.