Web-based training app = larger screen, on PCs/Macs, with Ant+ and BT

Please add the training app features to your website/app so we can ride workouts directly from the web browser (without the need for a phone or tablet).
This should enable larger screens and larger text, the use of PCs and Mac, as well as Ant+ and Bluetooth connections to our smart trainers.

You know what is funny, when we first started building our app I was thinking about doing this. We need to find some contributors to this project below to integrate with TrainerDay.

I would consider trying to help in some way. I talked to the creator (@marinov a user here on our forum). He was open to it but said he had a lot of other problems he wanted to tackle first.

Our app is built in react native so creating windows/mac version is actually easy. The problem I have is testing resources. I have an idea on how to get some more money to pay for a tester that could make this happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would you consider creating a build of the RN app for Mac? I would love to beta test it, and I’m sure you could find plenty of others on the forum here.

In the other thread there were two workarounds suggested:

Mirroring Android to PC:

Running an Android virtual machine:

We could do a build but the problem is I don’t have the resources to maintain it right now. Meaning it requires more testing and bug fixes, layout changes to make it great. So having beta testers is good but we need more revenue and an additional paid tester. The dev work should not be so much. If you really want it, I am currious myself it works out of the box and what it looks like. I actually am thinking about for next winter making a desktop version that allows watching youtube or netflix in it with the small sidebar (something more like maximum trainer). But two modes. Focus mode like now, or video mode. We could even have people currate videos or even add video link to public workouts that work well.

Long-term a desktop version where you could watch netflix/youtube would be amazing!

I’m more than willing to at least check out an initial desktop build. Just let me know.

Kevin

Cool, my app developer is in the middle of a bunch of stuff but when he gets through that I asked him to create a quick build and see if it works on his mac.

If it works for him maybe we can get you something in a week or two to look at.

:+1: Great!

I could also help out with any beta testing on the Mac when the time is right for you.

For me it would make your fantastic product complete.

I forgot to respond here. We tried this but Mac/PC version would require us to write a lot of native libraries which is a fair amount of work so not doing it at this time. Good excuse for Mac users to buy M1 :slight_smile: which runs iOS apps.

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply which makes sense and is more helpful to me than you might imagine. As I have an M1 MacBook Air and had not given it a thought about using the phone app on the MacBook!!!

The product just keeps on getting better & better.

Regards.

Karl

1 Like

Hi Alex

Just a thought. When landscape mode comes out on the IOS mobile app it would be great if it was also an option on the Mac so that the image fills the whole screen.

Regards

Karl

Did you try iPad version on your Mac? We have landscape iPad version now.

This article says it is possible. I did not try it.

Hi Alex

Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately the iPad version is not available on the App Store

The iPhone version works but only uses a portion of the Mac screen.

Thanks for your help.

Karl

That says in that screenshot it is the iPad version :slight_smile: and you can do full screen when you open the app but it looks like there is no way to rotate the screen on a mac to get the landscape mode.

Whoops !!!

Thanks Alex you are spot on as usual. Sorry for taking up your valuable time when you could have been doing other more important things.

I will make sure I read things more thoroughly before posting in the future.

Thank you once again for all your help and for the fantastic product.

Regards

Karl

2 Likes

It’s not a waste of my time. I enjoy it. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Alex,

Just food for thought but I wonder if it’s possible (When or if you have the available time/man hrs) to have a web based remote player similar to what Xert use which allows the user to have a visual cue whilst on Netflix or Zwift, for current power, next interval power, Heart rate, Interval time & workout time. See attached image.
Xert remote player

I thought about this idea in the past and completely forgot about it. That is an excellent idea. This would be relatively easy and does not require the same level of testing that a windows or mac version would require.

1 Like