Power Match Problem (RESOLVED)

Hi I’m having a problem with the ERG mode in the latest version, which doesn’t seem to be working. Anyone else experiencing this?

No it’s working good for about 40 people I have talked to. What trainer and what phone/tablet and android version do you have?

I looked through your history and see you said you have Android and Kickr Core. My developer has a Kickr core and it works fine for him. I have a Wahoo and it works fine. Maybe try reinstalling completely then for sure you will have latest version.

Ok thanks Alex, will do

I just tried Wahoo and Android and it works perfect for me.

See my test. Because it is a 5 minute workout and 3-second averaging it looks slightly off :slight_smile: Wahoo also does not have second accurate power changes.

I’m still having an issue, Alex. Actually, I don’t know whether the issue is with Power Match or ERG, because I’ve noticed that even though Power Match calibrates at the start of a workout, the figure outside the brackets is stuck at a constant -20w, even across different workouts. The figure inside the brackets fluctuates at the beginning of an interval and then also locks on a fixed figure for the rest of the interval, and so on it goes… :confused:

Can you send screenshots? Maybe turn off power match for now or disconnect your power meter? Also make sure and upgrade firmware on Wahoo if it is not. What phone or device are you using?

Thanks Alex, will do so tomorrow (it’s very late in Cape Town now). I’m using a Nokia 2.1. It’s been ok until now, although I’m considering trying another phone, just to be certain that the problem isn’t with the phone

Hi,
I also have a deviation in the wattage in ERG mode with the new version, both on my Ipad (8) and the Google Pixel 5 the wattage deviates by approx. 20 watts plus. If, for example, 200 watts are specified, I have to pedal 220 watts.
I have a Kickr (4) and a Giant Pro Powermeter (2020).

Hello Elmar, ok sorry, it sounds like their is a power match problem. We will research this. My developer is off until Tuesay so we will get this fixed by next week. I will test it in more detail today/tomorrow as I have Kirkr and a power meter. I think the kickr is accurate enough that you don’t need to use power match for now, or maybe at all or are you seeing a big difference? Maybe you just want your indoor watts the same as outdoor watts.

1 Like

Hi Alex, I installed the latest update today (ver 2.0.5) and the issue persists. Here’s the screenshot, from which you’ll see the -20w in the Power Match window

Hello Alex,
thanks for the info!
Strangely enough, the deviation went down today.The power output was approx. 5% or 10 watts below the target wattage, whereas yesterday the power output was 20 watts above the target.
Under “Power Match” I constantly see “-20”, both yesterday and today. There has never been such a large deviation in the past and it was never constant but fluctuated when the wattage target changed.

Lookings like bug for sure. I still have to test it but we should be able to have it fixed mid-next week. Sorry again and thanks for helping out. Just turn off power match for now :slight_smile:

Strange definitly a bug.

Yes, I will just turn off power match for now.
Thanks and keep up the good work! :+1:

1 Like

Definitely a bug affecting Wahoo and possibly FTMS. Mid next week fix

1 Like

I’ve also switched off ERG in my TrainerDay workouts due to this issue.

Very similar behaviour on my client (iPhone 8) and trainer (Wahoo Snap - is it just Wahoo affected??). PowerMatch has reported -20W after calibration but then my power output has always been 20W over the target in TrainerDay. Pushes me into different training zones so end up turning off ERG.

I think just Wahoo. Tacx seems fine. Hopefully this will be fixed today.

Ok, deploying new version with fix.

1 Like

Didn’t have the same problem during a workout on my Kickr Snap yesterday so this does seem to be resolved :+1:

1 Like