Question about FTP

Hi all,
I’m a new Trainer Day user and I usually train with FulGaz. I did the FulGaz FTP Test some weeks ago with a result of 193. FulGaz considers the 95% of it (183). That’s the value (183) I entered yesterday to create a 12 Weeks Training Plan.
Should I keep it during the all 12 weeks or should I do more FTP Tests after some weeks?

If you are fairly new to riding and feel like you are improving significantly you can test again each month or 6 weeks but in most cases you could wait to the end without a problem.

1 Like

Hi Alex, I’m not really new to indoor riding. If I’m not wrong this is my 8th year.

1 Like

In that case, I should also say if you have not been riding consistently for the last year or if you did purely low intensity in the last few months then you might make big quick gains now but if not gains usually come slowly so you can test at the end or when you feel like it.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
If I decide to do another test in one or two months and get a higher value, what should I do with the training plan?

Nothing. If you are using our app to train with it will automatically scale when you update your FTP.

No, I’m using your app to create the Plan to train with Fulgaz.

It should work the same. I will research it Monday.

1 Like

I was trying to upload my plan to TrainingPeaks in order to automatically see the Workout of the day in Fulgaz but…I think I made a mess.
Right now all my workouts are in TrainingPeaks but all of them are scheduled in the same day (Nov 25) and there’s nothing in FulGaz.
I also manually uploaded the zwo files to FG but they seems “empty”.

Yes you need to use our calendar not use upload to TP. You must have paid TP account to upload to TP and have them show up on the right day. It should show up in Fullgaz pretty quick but if you have all workouts on one day that might be a problem. You should just have one workout on today’s calendar and then check in fullgaz after some time.

1 Like

Why your Calendar and not upload to TP? In any case I don’t have a paid TP account :frowning:

You can only upload TODAY to TP if you don’t have paid TP. If you use our calendar it will sync to TP each day.

1 Like

It sounds good! Thank you.

What happens to an uploaded workout if I can’t do it the scheduled day? Can I postpone it to the next day?

Yes you can

1 Like

Which FTP value do you recommend that I enter in TD? The actual one I got with the test (193) or 95% (183) as FulGaz requested?

It’s not important from a Coach Jack or our platform perspective. It matters more in what you set your FTP at in FulGaz. I am installing it now to test how FulGaz works in ERG mode since I can’t seem to find the answer. I am sure it works based on percent so if you increase your FTP in FulGaz it will increase your target watts for your workout. You can test this also. Just start a workout, see the target watts. Stop, Increase your FTP a lot and then start the same workout again and see if the watts went up.

If you are doing Coach Jack workouts they start out easy enough and build in a fashion that either FTP is fine. I would go with the lower one myself but that is because FTP ramp tests over estimate the power I could sustain for 40 minutes.

2 Likes

Thank you, Alex, your answers are always accurate, easy to understand (for dummies like myself) and quick.

3 Likes