Serious Issue Suddenly - Interval Time Slows Down (SB20). Fixed

iPad OS 16.5.1
TD 3.7.3
Stages SB20 1.8.2 pm fw

with the latest app update i’m having an issue where the interval display screen zooms in and out randomly, and when it does this the interval time stops briefly, for only a second or two (sometimes 3 or 4…). this causes what should be a 50 minute workout to end up being 60+ minutes. it happens regardless of the workout chosen. a 30 minute workout becomes 40 minutes. a 60 minute workout becomes 78 minutes, etc.

i made a YT video to illustrate the problem. i also record via a garmin 830 and while that properly records the 50 minutes, TD will say i still have 12 minutes (or more) left on the 50 minute workout, even though i’ve completed 50 minutes in real time. whenever the workout screen zooms in and out, the timer seems to just pause and stop recording during that second. when it’s doing it every few seconds, the result is the workout time extension.

edit: is it similar to the issue in this thread from march? the problem is that i never had this issue until this week…

Hi, sorry for the slow response. We have a new build today, maybe (hopefully) it will fix your issues.

3.7.6 update unfortunately did not help and may have made things worse. today not only did i continue to get the time slowdown but the app seemed to lose control of the bike quite a bit despite continually showing it as being connected. probably had between 50 and 75 power dropouts in a 50 minute workout which according to TD was 34 minutes…pretty unusable in the current state i’m afraid to say…

It’s really strange so far these problems now seem to be isolated to SB20 users. I have another SB20 user that says he can work with my developer. He has a bit different issues than you but still very problematic. Just incase he is not available soon to work with my developer let me know if you would be willing to. Each person so far is both iOS and SB20. No other users are reporting any issues now. I wish we could get an SB20 for our testing purposes. I think I sent them an email a while back and asked but no response (or maybe I did not send it, not 100% sure). I will also try that again.

yes of course we’re willing to work with you as this is a serious issue for us. to be transparent, it’s my wife (who has her own separate paid TD account) who’s doing 100% of the riding these days and is having all of these issues. she uses it 5 days a week except for Mon and Wed (i myself am outdoors in the summer :sunny: ). of course i have a vested interest since 1. i’m the one getting the brunt of all of the angry complaints lol and 2. i need it to be working in case of rain or if the outdoor bike is in the shop

I’m using the SB20 on Android and I’m not having any problems, but I can test it on IOS I have a 14 Pro Max, if necessary I can help with the tests

I sent you a private message here, not sure if you saw it or you can send me an email to support@trainerday.com so we can figure out how to fix this SB20 issue.

Cool, if you can reproduce any of these SB20 issues we could test with you too. Controlling ERG seems problematic for some SB20 users.

Hi Alex,

From what I’ve read here, you already found out where the error was, and it looks like it will be resolved, if necessary, I can do some tests

We are working with @Skyewalkr now so hopefully we will get this fixed asap. I think his problem is dropouts and that causes the other problem. SB20’s seem to be very problematic but it seems to affect some devices and not others. We have 3 SB20 users with issues right now.

1 Like

Watching with interest how this pans out as I’ve just purchased the SB20.

1 Like

Has there been any progress on the fix for Stages SB20 and Erg mode?

We are working with 2 SB20 users now (today) so hopefully we will get it fixed soon. Also a friend just introduced me to a VP at stages so hopefully they will get me one for free or very good price but that is more for long term stability.

1 Like

Hi,

Yesterday I did a workout with the SB20 and an Iphone 14 Pro Max.
All the updates installed, during the training I was changing the percentages of the exercise and I was skipping some parts, to see if somehow an error happened.
But I didn’t have any glitches everything went as expected.

Apart from that I had a problem with my right crank,
when I did zero reset it gave a slightly high value, at the time I realized that by the difference between the L/R that gave values ​​like 60/40 my normal one is 48/52. It was changed and now I have all the normal values ​​and working at 99% compared to some assioma duo.

The workout I did and the original workout format

Thank you so much!!! It’s really funny because you are the only SB20 user I know that everything works well :slight_smile: We are working with 2 of them now that have problems and we are hoping to resolve their problems soon.

They should check when they do zero reset on the power meters if the values ​​are within the limits.

The expected range of values is within +/- 50 from 890, so expect to see numbers in the high 800s or low 900s when calibrating properly.”

I zero reset before every ride all nominal

Today I did a test on Android, and everything continues to work correctly

Is that test result normal - looks like the power was fluctuating quite a bit for an erg mode workout. I’m hoping that I can replicate what I was seeing with my Kickr, a steady output based on the prescribed power requirement.

Actually the kickr has filtering on the data, it’s night and day between kickr and Tacx Neo for example. So his is very normal. It is even more rough like that with crank or pedal based as stroke intensity is not consistent. SB20 has crank arms as well as the pretend (but mostly accurate) power meters that most trainers like the kickr have. I believe on the kickr there is a way to turn off this filtering but I prefer it as it is a very nice filter :slight_smile: