[Solved] - Clock Time/Workout Timer

Hi Alex. Not to throw a wrench in the issue but today I did a 2 Hour indoor ride in slope mode on TD Version 4.1.1 Also was using the real time url on my computer. Approx 1hr 35 minutes into ride timer started slowing as stated in these threads. In the end I actually rode 2 hours 14 minutes. I went to try changing power smoothing to greater than 3 seconds but option was gone. (Since last time I looked) Also, phone did run into low power mode. (Iphone 11). I attributed the slow down to this. Next ride phone will be fully charged. I will let you know how it goes. I may be the odd one here but I am incorporating longer rides this winter for base. The timer issue really puts a damper on otherwise a great app.

Hi Hanna. Please remember to update the app to version 4.1.6 or higher before your next ride. Hopefully we have fixed any problems with the app freezing.

Thank for feedback Hanna, yes we have not tested long workouts with low battery yet but if you had updated to 4.1.6 before your workout then low battery was likely the problem.

Hi Alex. My app was at 4.1.6 today This is how it went.
I am also running IOS 17.0.3.
Planned 3 hr zone 2 ride. Battery at 97%. No other apps running in background.
1 hr 53 min into ride timer stalled. I rode it up to 2 hrs to get my minimum goal in.
Actual ride time was 2 hours 18 minutes. Battery at end of ride was 51%
After saving ride i immediately restarted another workout to test timer. It worked with no issues. During this ride I did for my own experience tested turning off apple phone while still logged into ride. Then restarted phone. TD restarted at point of previous shutdown. No lost data and timer was functioning. So, I guess next time timer stalls I will just shut down phone and restart.

Oh no, what phone do you have? Do you generally have a lot of apps installed? We have tested with many long workouts (3 hrs…) now and it works second accurate for us on our phones. But we also don’t do 2 hr + rides on the trainer :slight_smile: So we just walk around with HR monitor or inject 2 hours of test data for example. So yours is a real test from a real cyclist which could have an effect.

Hi Alex. I have a Iphone 11. IOS Operating System 17.0.3.
We are going down the same path we went about a year ago.
I did review my history and I have done several 3 hour plus rides a few 4 hour rides and one 5 hour ride . The 5 hour ride was dec 2022. No problems with timer. Same phone. Different operating systems.
I have no other apps running on the phone (Zero). I have even turned off updates during workout.
Today (Sat 14,) I rode 3 hour ride. Phone was plugged into charger entire ride.
At 1 hr53 minutes (same as day before - same workout) App timer froze. I shut phone down and restarted and all was good (Timer worked and I completed 3 Hour ride)

2 thoughts -

1. In the past I would change the power smoothing to 6 seconds. That option seems to be gone. Less data recording at 6 seconds
  2. I am riding the entire time - That is - cadence, heart rate and power numbers are being recorded the entire ride. (I don’t generally take a break). I would think that this inherently creates more bytes (bits?) of computer data than just recording heart rate and 0 power 0 cadences numbers during your tests. Just a thought.

Also, it may just be coincidence, my problems started with updating to IOS 17.0.3 from 16. something (don’t remember).

If there is something, you want me to do specifically to test or help solve this issue. I am willing to help. Also, from my looking around the internet, long indoor trainer rides are more common than one would think. Most people only want to show high power numbers and thus short interval workouts get all the social attention.