[SOLVED] - Import activities from Strava

Hi, I subscribed today. I connected TrainerDay to Strava. TrainerDay has imported the history from Strava, but my ride this evening doesn’t show in activities on TrainerDay, but it does in Strava. I used a Garmin 830 to record the ride. Am I doing something wrong? Or does it take some time to show in activities? Thanks for your help.

Strava can have slow downs in how long until they publish data to us. Most of the time it is fast (couple minutes), it should not take more that 10 minutes in 95% of the cases. If you don’t see it in an hour let me know and my developer can check tomorrow.

1 Like

Thank you. I finished the ride 3 hours ago and it was on Strava a few minutes after the ride. It still doesn’t show in activities in TrainerDay.

I disconnected Strava and connected again. The ride now shows in TrainerDay. Maybe it’s solved. We will see.

1 Like

Oh thanks, sorry I did not respond sooner.

No worries. Unfortunately the issue still exists. My ride today has not been uploaded to TrainerDay.

Ok we will research it and fix it.

PS make sure you look at the activities tab in our web app not the calendar or the mobile app.

I know. I am looking in the web app.

My dev looked at your account and these are from strava. Is there something else? If one is missing can you send strava link?

This one is missing. It’s a ride I did yesterday: https://strava.app.link/wIodI0NKoCb

This is strange case. What we think happened is an issue on Strava side but we are not 100% sure. Each time you do a new workout Strava sends it to us. If they don’t send it we don’t pull in your latest workouts. My developer ran an update on your account and it pulled in the missing workout. We are still investigating.

1 Like

My developer also added a refresh button in case this ever happens to anyone else :slight_smile:

That’s great, thank you. Maybe I will ride this evening. I will try the refresh button if the ride doesn’t show in activities.

Please let me know if it does not show up automatically. At least give it 5 minutes or so before you press refresh :slight_smile:

It doesn’t show automatically. I waited half an hour.

Ok thanks.

Oh my developer found the problem. You have two TrainerDay accounts and both are authorized to Strava. We need to block this possibility. For now my developer has removed your old authorization to previous TrainerDay account so just this account is connected with strava.

That’s some great investigating. I thought I had deleted the other account. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You might have deleted but we did not actually delete this connection, just the account itself. So in this case it would be a bug on our side but we have a longer term fix coming. Thanks for letting us know about your issue. There are 76 other people with multiple strava connections but never said anything… :slight_smile:

1 Like