[SOLVED] - Strange Power - Trainer Resistance Creeping up every second

Hello guys, happy to be here.

My name is Constantin, and I started (actually heard about) trainer day - in december, when I signed up. I am (was) also a trainer road user - and I come from there. I don’t use zwift (I prefer other types of entertainment while I pedal).

I like this app, ofc because of the GREAT VALUE for what we get, but I also abused it in the last month and almost was sold to it an nothing else. Unfortunately got a problem …

Strange thing happened today. Trying to detail below:

• Started the App like every day, picked a workout - the starting power was 69 watts - but the output (the number on the right) was 140 - then keep increasing every second or so - 141 … 142 … 143 … 144 … and so on until I couldn’t keep up.
  • Tried to stop the workout, picked another - same problem, the power needed to keep the pedals turning was slowly creeping up - but in the left (required power) - was a stable … 60 or something low

Did basic troubleshooting. RESTARTED the phone (not only the app by "quitting it - on IOS sliding the app up). Restarted the trainer (it’s plugged in). Started the app again - picked a workout - same issue.

This happened BEFORE - in 16 january - I did NiceMix 60 mins - and at minute 40 or so - same thing happened. That was NOT a sprint - it was me trying to keep up with the “creeping up power” . The “required” power came back to normal after the first “interval change”. So if it was required to have 100W - and was creeping up to 180 - when the app required 90W (something different) - the thing stabilized again and went smooth. I repeat - the required power “field” states the correct number (say … 100W) but you need 180 W to keep the pedals turning and creeps up …

I am editing to add this: In the left App field - instead of required power was a text that said “~infinity”…

Today I couldn’t do a workout. At all. Just couldn’t go more than 3 minutes. The resistance of the trainer was going up until I couldn’t turn the pedals anymore. I THINK (not sure) that the cadence was UNDER-reporting - since I was turning like mad to compensate for the difficulty- but the app displayed cademce 60 (I know what 60 is … it was not).

I tought the trainer has some issue (since I use a neo 2 t … and they are known for electronical failures). … so I payed just now for trainer road … and did a workout without any problems …

I am not insane. Really. (my mother had me tested…:smile: I will try again tomorrow and take screenshots if it happens again… but I am sure something’s up. Don’t know what though …

Some details that may or may not help:

• Trainer - Tacx Neo 2T (plugged in - not on self-power)
  • using the IOS App on a phone -iPhone 14 Pro Max - IOS 17.2.1
  • using a cheap Bryton chest HR monitor
  • normal bike, cleats …

Thankyou for your time and for the great app ! I look forward to using it ALOT.

Popte.

Hola, Constantin. Could you text me what version (Settings > Other Settings) of the app you used? Or you can try with the latest available version in the App Store (4.4.6 at the moment)

1 Like

Hello Loovery !

Thank You so much for your quick reply .

I am replying fast since I am at the computer anyway trying to do something in solid works to 3d print …

So I am using 4.4.5 … I didn’t know there’s an update. I am updating right now. Tomorrow I have training and I will try it.

Thank You !
Popte.

1 Like

Good evening,

I just did an easy 60 minute recovery session. I am happy to report that after the app update everything went SMOOTH and on target. No problems of any kind.

Thank You ! I am sorry if I alerted people for no reason :frowning: I had a honest good intention.

Popte.

3 Likes

No problem. Thanks for the feedback.