Stages SB20 owners group

The problem is, there is bug that affects old workouts. Now you have to put “slope” in the type column. It’s required in the editor but old workouts can be broken. We want to fix old workouts but have not been able to. Sorry about that.

Aha, understood! I had been making “new” workouts by copying and editing my old ones. When you I did this, it remained an “old” workout without presenting the type column. However, I now see that the table is updated to the new variant when I try editing a workout, so seems that this problem is at least fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Except I clicked on “Interval Comments” and then when I clicked back to “Workout Editor” I am stuck back on the old workout editor interface! I have tried logging and and logging back in, and still stuck on it! Any ideas?

Oh yes the type column is gone when you go to interval comments and come back. Just click it again and don’t click sets and reps

1 Like

Alex, thanks for this clarification. I’m finding this a super neat function – automatically switching from erg for warm-up to slope for intervals, and then back to erg for cool-down :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, don’t mean to hijack this but I’m seeing something similar towards the end of my rides. I have the Stages SB20 and during the cool down periods it often feels like I’m freewheeling and there is no resistance. Changing to slope and then back to erg mode quite often resets the resistance.

I moved this here as it will notify other SB20 users that might be able to provide some help. I have not heard of this before. If you could send screenshot of while you are training and feel this it would help.

Hi Alex, thanks for that.

Here are a couple of examples of when I feel no resistance at the end of the ride, normally the last 5 minutes or so in the cool down period. Since then I have tried switching to slope and back to erg mode which appears to reset the resistance.

I have a SB20, which is the power in watts for those 2 areas?

When the power is about 125 w or lower it feels very easy freewheel

The dark blue jagged line is the watts. You need to click on the picture to see the end of the workout which has more variation in it.
I was also wondering if at the end of the workout when dropping down to lower watts was it just a “feeling” of freewheeling. My last two workouts have finished at 145 watts and I haven’t had the same sensation.

Could just be the states internal flywheel is spinning too fast and has a lot of momentum/intertia hence that feeling.

1 Like

Exactly

I’ve started using my SB20 with Trainerday again and am seeing some wild fluctuations in power while using ERG mode during steady intervals. Wondering if anyone has some recommended settings to use either/or in both the Stages app and Trainerday itself.

Not sure if this is still what people have been experiencing but wondered if there had been any improvements in the last year or so.

We have made a lot of changes in the last year, and one that has a potential to negatively affect some devices, because we don’t request control all the time so if your device decides we are no longer controlling it, it could be an issue. One thing to test is pressing up and then down at the bottom if it “loses control” to see if that resolves the issue. If you could find a test workout you could easily repeat this with, maybe something low intensity with a lot of short intervals. I can send you one if you want.