TD > Wahoo Systm

Hello everyone,
I’m a new and happy user of TD, and I congratulate Alex for the excellent and valuable work he is doing.
I wanted to ask for a little help, I’ve already searched the forum, but I haven’t found the answer I’m looking for.
I typically use the wahoo fitness app for my outdoor bike rides, and for all my gym activities.
Now this auto syncs in Strava, TP and intervls.ICU, so far so good.
But if I do a workot with TD, I can’t import or sync it to wahoo calendar systm, even if this is synced to tp, strava, ICU.
How can I import the activity performed and recorded with TD into the Wahoo diary?

Thanks for your help

Thank you so much!!! Very strange it should automatically show up from Strava. Disconnect and reconnect to Strava might solve your problem. If not let me know.

Hi Alex,
I tried to disconnect strava and reconnect it from both the site and the app, but nothing to do, it still doesn’t synchronize my TD activity on the Wahoo System :cry:
Please, help me :pray:

Can you s me me link to your ride in strava?

Sure!
https://www.strava.com/activities/9671142486

Dear Alex,

more I study TD the more I am surprised. I have only now realized that it is possible to perform all the workouts even outdoor using the graphical interface. really amazing!!!
I ask you how can I use td to record a free and unstructured workout outdoor?
I use only iPhone on my bike.

Hi, we are actually going to remove this outdoor training mode from our app as almost no one is using it. So it’s probably better if you find a different outdoor app. I would look at CheckMyRide. They do outdoor better than us and you can use the TrainerDay calendar in it if you want.

Hi,
I really hope you won’t remove the outdoor option from TD, the graphical mode for doing a structured exercise outdoors is very very good.

Hi Alex
Wahoo still doesn’t sync😢

Can you send me a link to your strava activity? We had one other user reporting a missing workout but this seems strange/rare.

Hi Alex,

Up until now I’ve always used the Wahoo Systm calendar, so it’s convenient for the various cycling or gym workouts recorded with TrainerDay or the Wahoo Fitness app or others to be syncronized to the Systm calendar as well.
However, I must admit that I’m seriously considering using the excellent integration of TD for training, with Intervals.icu which as a register and agenda for analysis is much, much more complete and thorough.
The costs also remain more acceptable.
so I think that the synchronization with Systm is not so necessary.
The important thing is Strava, TD, intervals.icu. !

I also saw better the CheckMyRaid app that you recommended for structured training outdoors, and I must say, not bad. I will try it.

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work. TD is now a fixed reference as a resource for plans and exercises.
Really great!

1 Like

Hello, Wahoo Systm user here. I even have a paid Wahoo coach for exclusively using Systm. I can confirm the problem is not with TrainerDay. Wahoo Systm’s app integration and calendar is severely lacking. Wahoo instructed me to use Training Peaks for my calendar instead of Systm and it’s even in their informational email and FAQ to NOT use Systm as your main calendar. (Because their calendar sucks.) If anything the TrainerDay calendar is far superior to Wahoo’s.

That’s crazy and rather comical except for the poor Wahoo customer experience in this case (really their customer service is very good though from everything I have read and my personal experience).

Garmin is pretty bad too in prioritizing customers responses for software features but at least Garmin Connect is very powerful. But even though they could easily bring nice software updates to old devices they usually only do them on new devices. Garmin is basically a subscription service. Need a bug fixed, oh buy the new version… :slight_smile:

One of my best friends used to be the CTO of Wahoo (totally random coincidence). Anyway he said originally Skip wanted to be much better then Garmin in making integrations easy (best free API’s). That could not be farther from the truth today. I still prefer Wahoo bike computers to Garmin but like the Garmin watches the best.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with completing workout not going to the next workout the next time I train