Please help me choose a training plan

Alex, I have a question for you. Perhaps you have already answered this question. My Garmin Fenix 7X pro watch and your app take the effort data from the Wahoo Kickr v.6 exercise bike. Cadence and Power both the watch and your app take power data from the Assioma Duo power meter. The cadence, power and HR are exactly the same, both in your app and in the data sent from the watch to Garmin Connect. But distance and speed have different values - they are different, but the exercise bike is the same. Why are the values different and is there any way to fix or calibrate them?

Your kickr outputs fake speed and distance based on the speed of the flywheel which makes absolutely no sense, especially in ERG mode. Wheel speed indoor in general does not equal wheel speed outdoor. We use a much more accurate method that is based on converting power to speed and distance. It’s still a very gross estimation because we don’t know if you are going uphill or downhill, how much wind there is, are you drafting behind someone… So there is no way to make our version match exactly what is coming from the trainer but you can go to your profile in the website and change your drag coefficient to make ours slower or faster related to the way you are sitting on the bike, the type of bike, the clothes you are wearing and the size of your body… (how much wind drag you created)… So you can get them closer with trial and error. Generally there is a fairly common understanding that indoor speed and distance makes no sense in training because you are not going any where but many people just like the metrics and that’s fine… :slight_smile:

What site are you writing about? Your app’s website? Analyzing statistic your app data my Ego likes it better - more distance traveled and at a higher speed - I would like to see these results in Garmin Connect stats, not the ones sent there by the watch))).

You could try using rungap and using it to sync your TD workouts to garmin connect. Yes go to our web app and your profile at the bottom is CDA.

Also if you shift to a harder gear on your bike it should increase the distance in Garmin in ERG mode even though the effort will be the same.

Alex, thank you for your detailed response. I will look into the program.

1 Like

Thank you for the valuable information

1 Like

Alex, I haven’t found an answer to a similar question in the forum threads. Can I create a workout if I have a real video with GPS file? The goal is to get real effort from the exercise bike as in a real place in nature and enjoy the video playing separately on the TV.

It’s better to use another program, something like Kinomap should be better for that (I have not tested it but I believe it works like you are suggesting) but you can upload GPS file and we create fake power estimates but I would say the quality of our conversion is not high. Really for riding real roads I would likely use Rouvy. Having slope mode where your visual changes match the slope changes is the right way to do that. If you have power data in your GPS files, meaning you rode it in real life then our upload is not so bad and you can do it in ERG mode.

1 Like

Alex, I’m researching this article of yours on anaerobic training.

Example of a HIIT 4-second interval automated slope mode workout

It’s very interesting and I’m going to try it out soon, but I’m not quite sure what I need to do? If I understand correctly, you have to warm up in ERG mode until 10:40, and then you have to switch to SLOPE mode in the app. Then you need to match the power output between 70-80% of FTP by shifting gears. Is the incline set automatically? Then by increasing cadence in standing position for 4 seconds I need to deliver maximum power. Will the 8% gradient be set automatically? And then in 40 seconds of rest, I don’t need to set the EWP mode again? Or do I continue to work in incline mode for the rest of the workout until the cooling block starts? Maybe you have an example video of this type of training?

Or by now, do these types of workouts in your app already work automatically and I don’t have to specifically toggle anything?

Automatic, you don’t need to toggle. You just need to shift gears and pedal hard to set the desired intensity. If you create a fully ERG workout with 4 second intervals you will see why this does not work and this slope mode solution is much better.

1 Like

I’m a hero!!! Today I became the best version of myself!!!)))))) Today was the second long training session of Goombah 165 according to Coach Jack’s plan. According to the statistics from Garmin - I passed half of the Ironman )))) - 90.64 km, but according to TD app stats - only 81.55 km. Apparently it is necessary to change the rear sprocket gear to a lighter one, thus correcting the result to a more truthful one. The front sprocket is big. I have not played with setting Drag Coefficient values yet. Garmin Connect gave two badges “longest run” and “longest indoor run”. That’s nice. A small victory over myself.
The problem of adjusting the power of the exercise bike in ERG mode to reach the target value is still present. During this workout, the Garmin watch bored me with warnings about leaving the target zone and going back. I have the impression that the application is overly sensitive to the slightest change in the cadence and sharply reduces the load when it increases and vice versa.

Garmin watch warnings about leaving the target zone and entering back can be tolerated although they are very annoying, but as a result I would not want to have a lowered score for the training without being able to influence it. I try to do your best - you perform as you should - you keep everything under control, but the result is worse than you deserve. Trouble for the Ego)))).

1 Like

Nice job!!! Sounds like you are super motivated, that feeling is just magical, I love it.

Just be careful not to over do it and get sick or injured. If you start noticing sleep problems it’s a sign of too much cortisol, but different people have different signs of excess stress. Some people need to do 2 hard weeks followed by 1 easy week but 3 / 1 protects a lot of people, especially under 40 years old, from over doing it. Especially pay attention to too much intensity.

Thanks for the advice!!! It is very helpful and informative for me!!! Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Alex, point me in the right direction in terms of exploring your app’s capabilities in working with the Concept2 rowing machine. What articles should I start with? What can you recommend? Concept is available - still the same credits))))))

You probably want to start with one of the other apps for C2 rowing. But all you do is you can follow any workout in our library just switch to rowing in the app. We have a power based approach to rowing workouts but this is mostly what I would say this is the minority that understand why this is better… It’s a long discussion… And really with a rower, its’s better to just do it. I would not even do intervals in the beginning. The C2 app ERGdata is fine.

Do I understand correctly that there are no ready-made workout plans for the rowing machine in your app yet?

Someone might have made some but no we are not doing that. We just let people train with our app. ErgZone probably has the best training plans or is the most similar to ours.